The Political Agenda of Ishema party is presented in the following articles.
1. We shall revise administrative institutions as to give them a democratic meaning
(1) There shall be a Constitutional reform that would ensure the separation of powers (Executive, Legislative and Judiciary) , and, respect the independence of each power while promoting collaboration among powers.
(2) In order to maintain the democratic concept of political changeover, the Fourth Republic shall support and put in the constitution the presidential term of five years; that there is no reason to allow any president to go over two terms; that any president who will dare in any way to take the third term shall be prosecuted. There shall be passed a law that punishes that severe crime against the State providing the sentence, the special court that shall try that crime and who shall have the right to file the injunction.
(3) The cabinet would comprise twelve (12) portfolios only managed by twelve technocrats who would prepare projects and propose and search for necessary funding: Rwanda is a small nation that does not need more than 12 ministries.
(4) Parliament would comprise one chamber of Deputies. The chamber of Senate shall be removed.
Rwanda shall have only thirty-six (36) electoral regions and each region would be represented by two (2) deputies, a female and a male whose duty shall be to advocate for development and social welfare on behalf of their constituencies. This dispensation will tackle imbalances among regions.
(5) There shall be created the high Constitutional Council that would comprise six (6) law professionals plus retired presidents of republic. Their duty shall be to watch over the respect of the Constitution and the compatibility with other laws and executive decisions. They shall also advise or appeal to the court of law against executives who showed disrespect or incompatibility with the Constitution.
2. The fair justice system to all Rwandans
(1) Based on the principle of government continuity, the fourth republic shall present apology to all Rwandans for all crimes committed by the State to present.
(2) There shall be the release of all political prisoners followed by the compensation. For those who are detained abroad, a transfer should be arranged to Rwandan prisons and any of their concerns would be raised and examined.
(3) All those unjustly judged shall be given justice
(4) In collaboration with all Rwandans, the United Nations and International Criminal Court, there shall be a platform to search and bring into courts of justice all criminals who killed Rwandans and foreigners in order to uproot the tradition of impunity that repeatedly took and is taking place in our country.
(5) There shall be the dialogue between Rwandans of all categories to discuss extraordinary amnesty and/or mild punishments to Rwandans who have committed severe crimes, but who have confessed and assured their willingness to contribute to the reconciliation and national reconstruction.
3. In order to remember and tackle the continuation of the sad history of conflicts that characterized our nation, there shall be inaugurated the “Reconciliation Temple” in which all Rwandan victims of genocide and wars since October 1st, 1990 would be buried as well as:
a. All former presidents.
b. All Rwandan cadavers in DR Congo forests and other known areas.
c. All Rwandans who will have demonstrated special zeal including shedding their blood during the struggle to remove the tyrannical RPF system.
4. Education policy shall be the fundamental of the Republic.
(1) There shall be a special consideration of teachers and educators because all start from school: A teacher will be given adequate remuneration, incentives and didactic material for higher performance, also awards shall be provided for those who perform better than others.
(2) All primary and secondary school tuition fees will be paid by the State.
(3) In order to promote education quality in public secondary schools, all students shall be accommodated at schools (Boarding School system).
(4) Tertiary institutions students shall be given education loan according to a legal framework without any ethnic, regional and otherwise – based discrimination.
(5) In order to help every Rwandan to have knowledge and skills necessary in the labor market be it in Rwanda or abroad, the State shall provide technical and vocational schools that match today’s requirements.
(6) Instead of making Rwandan youth prisoners in their country, there will be arrangements to facilitate and allow Nationals to go abroad for work to earn foreign exchange so much needed for the balance of payments, and for individual households’ welfare improvement.
(7) There shall be inaugurated a special educational Institute to train future leaders.
5. By the law, the distribution of development projects shall be a must.
(1) In each Sector shall be inaugurated a development project capable of employing at least one thousand (1000) persons.
(2) Building a highway that will link Gisenyi, Kibuye and Cyangugu on Lake Kivu shores as well as development of centers aimed at attracting tourists.
(3) During the first two years, there shall be Self-reconstruction for each Rwandan: Nobody will be asked to pay unusual tax, and businesses will be exempted. This will make our economy open to foreign investors, facilitate local businesses and firms to operate without fear and allow the country to develop fast.
(4) There shall be created the National Special Commission for Equal Opportunities (NSCEO) which will uproot all kinds of segregation among Rwandans in work recruitment, school enrolment, presentation of awards, etc.
(5) All national wealth that has been stolen and hidden either in Rwanda or abroad shall be tracked and brought back into national coffers.
6. All members of clergy and different religious denominations officials who serve public interest will be salaried by the State and will play a role in implementation and management of projects of national interests.
7. All Political parties shall be allowed to conduct their businesses in Rwanda without any hindrance. The State shall offer them financial assistance needed for the promotion of political activities. Political parties in turn will be requested to play a major role into national democratization, in explanation of Laws and Rules of the Land as well as the functioning of the judiciary system.
8. Private media shall be promoted and protected by the Law. The State shall support private media financially, educationally, technically, and otherwise necessary.
9. There shall be institutionalization of the army made of five thousand( 5,000) professional soldiers to protect national security and sovereignty.
(1) Rwanda shall stop engaging in wars against neighboring countries.
(2) The soldiers will be withdrawn from rural residential areas and be resettled in legally recognized barracks.
(3) National internal security shall be safeguarded by police only.
(4) At the age of eighteen years, the willing youth shall be introduced to military training in order to stay stand-by for the protection of the national sovereignty in case of any invasion.
(5)Demobilized (ex-soldiers) will be facilitated in starting new life and reintegration in civilian life by offering them new skills that will make them competitive in other fields of labor market.
(6)Terrorist armed groups known as Local Defense Forces (LDF) and National Reserve Forces (NRF- INKERAGUTABARA) shall be decommissioned and those who used them to violate security and rights of citizens will be prosecuted.
10. Repatriation of refugees and provision of adequate housing shall be a priority.
(1) All Rwandan refugees shall be sensitized to voluntary repatriation, shall be well received and given back their properties.
(2) There shall be designed a policy to create small and medium towns with basic infrastructure such as water and electricity to allow residents to engage in new development initiatives, while at same time making available arable lands for farming (crops and livestock).
Is there anybody who does not see that we can achieve these goals, and that once implemented, Rwanda’s image to the betterment in a short time? Briefly, the philosophy behind these goals can be summarized in eight (8) points:
(1) The Ideology of Ishema Party is expressed through these values: TRUTH, INTREPIDITY, and SOCIAL JUSTICE.
(2)For Rwanda to have genuine security, the country must be demilitarized.
(3) The development needed by Rwandans cannot be achieved when the RPF’s clique maintains the biggest share, on contrary it must be based on the just redistribution of national wealth.
(4) The pride of leadership loved by the people cannot be brought about by autocracy, mismanagement and selfishness, on contrary it is achieved through the bravery to protect and promote the common interest of the people.
(5) The regional security in the Great Lakes shall never be founded on the policy of domination and the war-like spirit, but shall be brought about by a mutual respect between neighbors, cooperation, peaceful and sustainable integration.
(6) Good relationships with other nations cannot be promoted through showing off and sadism, but must be based on our good will to build a nation that we are proud of while acknowledging and respecting interests of our partners and benefactors.
(7) National reconciliation will never be realized through speeches full of lies and false statistics; but by equality of all people before the law, empowering and giving opportunities to the youth, and allowing the people to enjoy the freedom of expression.
(8) Once this agenda is implemented in its entirety, it will definitely eliminate the argument of conflicts between Hutus and Tutsis that have destroyed too much to number.
Long live the free Rwanda and the free and peaceful people of Rwanda.
TRUTH – INTREPIDITY– SOCIAL JUSTICE
Done at Paris on the 2nd day of March 2013.
In the name of the Executive Team,
Father Thomas Nahimana
Secretary General of Ishema Party